Visually Design, Discover, and Explore New Insights
from Any Data in Real-Time
Datawatch Desktop was built to meet the demands of Big Data and provide interactive exploration regardless of its type (variety), its size (volume) or the speed in which it’s delivered (velocity). Datawatch Desktop is made up of the modules Datawatch Designer and Datawatch Modeler (formerly Monarch Professional).
Visual Data Discovery
Visual Data Discovery is critical if you are looking to get more from your data. Datawatch Desktop lets you quickly start asking questions to see hidden patterns, spot problems and identify missed opportunities without programming or scripting. Watch our demos on how to get started analyzing your data fast.
- See hidden patterns, spot problems and identify missed opportunities without programming or scripting.
- Perform on-the-fly aggregations and intuitive slicing and dicing to spot outliers and to see how different subsets of data correlate with each other.
- Compare multiple series on a single screen with a range of specialized visualizations designed specifically to make analyzing historical data easier and more efficient.
- Access and combine information from any data source with pre-built connectors, including data streams from message brokers and complex event processing engines.
- Visualize data in motion from sources like CEP engines and message brokers which constantly push information into the system instantly, as it happens, on a tick-by-tick basis.
- Combine real-time data with historical data to get a complete understanding of the outlier or anomaly to make better, faster decisions and take action.
- Access, extract and transform any static data into live data for visualization, analysis and sharing with other users and systems.
Analyze Data in Motion and at Rest
The idea of “real time” can be very confusing, since virtually all software companies that do visualizations say they can handle “real-time” requirements. However, what most of them mean is that their software goes out and requests an update from an external data source every time fresh data is needed. The data is accurate as of that exact moment, but it becomes out of date immediately since no further updates are available until a complete refresh is done. The information that is being queried comes to rest in a “real-time” data warehouse or database.
Datawatch Desktop is unique in its ability to visualize data in motion – by consuming data streams from sources like CEP engines and message brokers which constantly push information into the system instantly, as it happens, on a tick-by-tick basis. So you can see exactly what is happening, as it happens and know precisely how your business is performing.
When you’ve spotted an outlier or anomaly, you can now combine this real-time data with historical data to get a complete understanding to make better, faster decisions and take action.
Extract and Transform Data from Existing Reports
Data is diverse and rarely presents itself in a form perfectly structured and ready for analysis. Some of the most valuable information inside your organization is locked in static operational reports that provide a necessary and trusted set of information but is inflexible. You also have critical data that come from outside the four walls of your company (like invoices, statements, forms, market data) where you don’t have access to the underlying systems.
Datawatch Desktop allows users to access, extract and transform any static data into live data for visualization, analysis and sharing with other users and systems. Without programming, a business user can open the report or file in Datawatch Desktop and then point and click on the data to be extracted. This creates a reusable model that defines the transformation into rows and columns. In one click you can bring this new dataset into your dashboard and begin your visual data discovery.Visualize data directly from:
- Message brokers including Active MQ, Apache QPID and Sonic MQ
- CEP Engines including Kx Kdb+Tick, OneTick CEP, Oracle CEP, SAP Sybase ESP and StreamBase
- Tick Databases including Kx Kdb+, OneTick Database, SAP Sybase IQ and Thomson Reuters Velocity Analytics
- Data Sources including the SAP Netweaver Gateway
- SAP HANA high performance analytic appliance
- Relational Databases including Oracle, DB2, MySQL and SQL Server
- Flat Files including Microsoft Excel, CSV, SVG and XML