Chelmsford, Mass.—June 30, 2015—Datawatch Corporation (NASDAQ-CM: DWCH) today announced the general availability of Datawatch Monarch version 13, the latest release of its flagship data preparation solution. The new product release significantly extends the range of data sources and provides a simple point-and-click interface built on top of the world’s most powerful data preparation engine. Now everyone from novice business users to data scientists can effortlessly unlock and use all of the data needed to make better, more timely decisions with self-service data preparation capabilities.
The unique capabilities delivered with the Datawatch Monarch v13 include:
- Access to any data – Unlock data from the widest range of data sources including multi-structured documents such as PDFs, JSON, text and spool files, as well as all major relational databases, Salesforce.com, web pages, Hadoop, NoSQL, CSV and more.
- Point-and-click ease – Over 80 prebuilt data manipulation functions at your fingertips so mere mortals can instantly become experts at analyzing Big Data.
- Use existing reports – You don’t need IT to access data in enterprise systems – you can now use existing reports in formats like .PDF or .TXT and automatically bring this data directly into your analysis. You can also unlock data in customer invoices, purchase orders, third party research and any document you need. There is no rekeying or scripting, Datawatch automatically inspects the document and extracts all the relevant data into a tabular, spreadsheet-like display.
- Drag-and-drop web pages – Use content from a web page as a data source, so now you can add important data like competitive pricing or market research that is only available via the web.
- Stop Excel chaos – Excel was not designed for data preparation and is often the biggest source of unintentional errors when used to consolidate and manipulate data. You can now easily combine multiple spreadsheets, prepare the data, and export back to a fully formatted spreadsheet that everyone loves.
- Export to your favorite tool – Your prepared data can be saved in a variety of native BI formats so you can immediately visualize your results not just in Datawatch Designer, but in other popular BI and advanced analytics tools such as Tableau, Qlik, IBM Watson Analytics, Tibco Spotfire, SAS, SAP Lumira, Dell Statistica, Excel and many others.
- Greater trust – Every step you take in preparing your data is recorded in an easy to understandable format. This transparency instills greater confidence and trust when shared with others or for audit purposes. These recorded steps are also used as a load plan to fully automate a process when you need to do it again.
- Promote reuse – Your data preparation routines can be shared with others so you can stop all the redundant work.
- Enterprise-ready – Monarch is part of the Datawatch Managed Analytics Platform that delivers an enterprise-wide solution for data preparation and visual data discovery. Datawatch is the only solution that can bridge the gap between the ease-of-use and agility that business users demand together with the scalability, automation and governance needed by IT.
According to Gartner, “New self-service data preparation capabilities provide users with greater agility to respond to new data sources and new business requirements, challenging business intelligence (BI) leaders who adhere to more centralized data modeling approaches. Failure of BI leaders to embrace self-service data preparation will leave slower-to-respond companies at a competitive disadvantage through an inability to fully exploit relevant data sources.” 1
“We have a unique perspective on this challenge as over 40,000 customers have relied on Datawatch Monarch to handle the most complex data preparation tasks over the course of the past two decades,” said Michael A. Morrison, president and chief executive officer of Datawatch. “The disruptive growth of self-service analytics has been driven by the need for greater agility but this promise has not been fully realized as the vast majority of effort is now spent on data preparation, not analysis. The challenge is only becoming more acute as the fastest growing sources of data are not in neatly structured databases but in an ever growing set of diverse formats. Datawatch is uniquely positioned to finally democratize data access for everyone.”
To learn more about self-service data preparation and to see a short demo of the new Datawatch Monarch, visit: datawatch.imarc.io/dataprepresources.
Datawatch Monarch is available today in three different packages including a free Personal Edition, Classic Edition ($895 per user per year) and Complete Edition ($1,595 per user per year). For more information and to download the free Personal Edition, visit datawatch.imarc.io/monarch13.
1 Gartner, Embrace Self-Service Preparation Tools for Agility, but Govern to Avoid Data Chaos, Cindi Howson, March 17, 2015. Click here for the full report.
About Datawatch Corporation
Datawatch Corporation (NASDAQ-CM: DWCH) provides the only Managed Analytics Platform that brings together self-service data preparation with visual data discovery. Its software bridges the gap between the ease that business user’s demand and the automation and governance needed by IT. Users can quickly discover key factors that improve their business by transforming data from multi-structured sources, as well as real-time streaming data, into visually rich analytic applications. Organizations of every size, worldwide use Datawatch products, including 93 of the Fortune 100. Datawatch is headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts with offices in New York, London, Frankfurt, Stockholm, Singapore, Melbourne and Manila, and with partners and customers in more than 100 countries worldwide. Learn more at datawatch.imarc.io.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any such statements contained herein, including but not limited to those relating to product performance and viability, are based on current expectations, but are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could cause actual future results to differ materially from current expectations include the following: rapid technological change; Datawatch’s dependence on the introduction of new products and product enhancements and possible delays in those introductions; acceptance of new products by the market, competition in the software industry generally, and in the markets for next generation analytics in particular; and Datawatch’s dependence on its principal products, proprietary software technology and software licensed from third parties. Further information on factors that could cause actual results to differ from those anticipated is detailed in various publicly-available documents, which include, but are not limited to, filings made by Datawatch from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to, those appearing in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended September 30, 2014 and Forms 10-Q for the quarters ending December 31, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Any forward-looking statements should be considered in light of those factors.
# # #
Datawatch Investor Relations
Phone: (978) 441-2200 ext. 8323
© 2015 Datawatch Corporation. Datawatch and the Datawatch logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Datawatch Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.