Pre-Sales Engineer / Field Sales Engineer - CODE: PSE
Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales team. They are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer will deliver post-sale support when required including providing on-site installations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. They must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The Sales Engineer is instrumental to establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the customer throughout the sales cycle. It is the responsibility of the Sales Engineer to communicate the customer’s technical requirements to Professional Services to facilitate a seamless transition from pre-sales project management to post sales implementation.
- Responsible for delivery of product demonstrations to customer
- Integrate efforts with other departments such as Customer Support and Professional Services in efforts to ensure successful transition from pre-sales to deployment
- Collaborate with Implementation team members to ensure preparation and readiness to deliver the practice offerings
- Drive revenue by assisting the sale of selected products, services and solutions to new and existing customers, ensuring that quarterly and annual revenue targets are met and exceeded
- Interface with mid and senior management at Fortune 1000 companies to identify their requirements and present solutions
- Provide technical presentations at customer sites, partner field sales training events, trade shows, etc
- Create and Manage Proof of Concept systems
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFI’s/RFP’s
- Provide group training and client education presentations to user communities
- Travel within the assigned territory is required
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of current technology. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for their chosen career path, be highly energetic and above all – practise a high degree of professionalism and integrity at all times.
- 5 – 7 years experience in a similar position
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to build rapport with the audience, comfortable presenting to all levels of the client organization- comfortable handling diverse Q & A sessions during presentation
- Strong project management skills managing both internal and client resources
- Skills and Attributes
- Strong problem solving capabilities are essential with a ‘get it done’ attitude, helping to overcome any technical hurdles with the adoption and rollout of Datawatch solutions during the pre-sales process
- Very strong team player with excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to work independently where required
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment with a willingness to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Outstanding customer relationship skills – ability to penetrate accounts and build relationships
- Strong organizational skills with a quality focus, great team attitude and analytical problem solving skills
- Presentation skills – must be comfortable presenting to large audiences, articulating a value proposition in a simple and concise manner
- Must be able to create compelling visual content
- Fully proficient in the English language
- A combination of Business and Technical knowledge required. Knowledge of the following helpful:
- SQL Database server: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 & 2008
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server with .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0
- Web Server, Microsoft IIs 5.0+, Apache Tomcat 5.0+
- Business Intelligence, MS Project, MS Visio.
- Development skills across some of the following: JAVA, .NET, Scripting
- Report output formats (i.e.: CSV, PDF, TXT)
- Ability to model data – Review source files, recognize data and relationships and then capture that information
- Database query skills
- Excel skills
- PC’s and various other software applications used as required
Work Environment and Physical Demands
General office environment. Considerable stress may occur at times. Extensive travel required. May sometimes be called upon to perform work outside of normal working hours.
Datawatch Corporation offers competitive salaries and a benefits package that includes Medical and Dental insurance, tuition reimbursement and a 401k plan.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email, fax or mail resumes to:
Fax: +1 978.441.1114
Mail: Datawatch CorporationAttn: HR – Code: PSE
Quorum Office Park
271 Mill Road
Chelmsford, MA 01824